- 1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup creamed honey peanuts (honey peanut butter or mix together peanut butter and honey-use 1/2 cup of the mixture)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (white sugar)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Sugar for topping
Preheat oven o 350 degrees. Cream the honey peanuts till smooth in food processor (or buy honey peanut butter or mix peanut butter with honey). Cream butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Sift together baking soda, salt, and flour. Then add to the creamed butters. Mix until smooth and well blended. Chill for 15- 20 minutes, then roll into balls (golf ball size) and roll in sugar (I used unrefined cane sugar). Space about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet with parchment paper or slip mat. Press the ball with a fork. Make a hash tag imprint with the fork. Bake about 10 mins till just browning. Let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack. Makes about 4 dozen.
A big thanks to the best sister ever. This is her recipe that I adjusted with honey peanut butter.